Koldfront PAC1401W | The Overview
Air conditioning and cooling are two different aspects of functionality present in a single unit that has been uncommon in previous air conditioners. If you want both of these features in a unit for a room of as much as 500 square feet in area, then you can try Koldfront PAC1401W portable air conditioner.
With a power of 14000 BTUs (British Thermal Units), it can easily cool your room temperature to satisfy your comfort needs. Koldfront PAC1401W is a medium-size portable air conditioner that looks promising in its design and architecture.
The coolant is very energy efficient with an EER (Energy Efficient Rating) of 9.5, making it nature friendly. Bringing together all its features, it means that the impact of this portable air conditioner on your pocket will be less than any other regular portable cooling machine compared to the value you’ll get.
The best and most popular feature of this coolant is its silent operation. Unlike most other portable air conditioners, this coolant makes very less noise. The noise level of the unit can go as low as 47 dBA, which is quite awesome for such an efficient coolant.
Koldfront PAC1401W has a self-evaporative feature which keeps a check on its drainage system. It quickly evaporates any excess water, making it more efficient. The coolant comes with 3 fan speed modes, so that you can adjust the levels of fan according to your needs.
Koldfront PAC1401W is also a very effective dehumidifying unit to control the humidity levels of a room. Even in more humid and warm places, the coolant’s dehumidifying feature remains to offer a comforting fresh and cool air throughout the room.
- Price: $455.65
- British Thermal Units (BTU): 14,000
- Cool Area (Sq. Ft.): 500
- Item Weight: 75 lbs
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 22 x 35
- Noise Level: 50 dBA
- Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER): 9.5
- Exhaust Hose: Single
- Warranty: 3-Year Limited Warranty
Read about BTU, EER, Noise Level and Exhaust Hose.
Design and Structure
The coolant is small and portable in size considering a power of 14000 BTUs. It is sleek in design and can be easily placed in any part of your room. The height of the coolant is 35 inches, having a width of 22 inches and length of 19 inches. The air conditioner is very easy to handle and weighs nothing more than 75 lbs, which is far more less than other portable air conditioners of the same size.
The Koldfront PAC1401W is intentionally designed to be energy efficient and get an EER rating 9.5. This rate is considered to be very good for nature and environment. The coolants used in this air conditioner are completely ozone-friendly and do not contain any traces of CFC.
The air conditioner has integrated castors so that you can easily move it to other window side area of your house without putting much effort into it. If the windows of your house are much bigger than this coolant, which may be obviously possible sometimes, or very small in size, to cover any excess window space, the coolant comes with a window kit. The window kit is completely adjustable and you can install it easily by yourself.
Its air filters do not require much effort to be cleaned and you can reach them from the back of the unit. The fan of the coolant has 3 speed levels and throws cool air with maximum power. The air knobs can be used to regulate the direction of air thrown by the fan.
Koldfront PAC1401W hosts a single 49 inches extendable exhaust hose which escapes out uncomfortable air from the room. It uses the cool air from the room to keep the heat of the compressor in control. The Koldfront PAC1401W is very sturdy in its operation and can run 24/7 without any problem.
Pros of the air conditioner
- Energy efficient
- Remote controlled
- 24/7 hours programmable
- Auto evaporation
- Silent operation
- Medium sized
Cons of the air conditioner
- Creates small negative pressure.
Features I liked
This small cooling genie is perfect for any small house. I met this air conditioner when I was living in an apartment, and for me it works like magic. There are many reasons for which I would like to refer about with this cooling machine as it has every feature you need in a compact air conditioner.
- It is one of the most beautiful classic designed air conditioners I have ever seen. It’s a bit lighter in weight so you can lift it easily for any cleaning purposes.
- For a room size of 500 square feet, this air conditioner can offer perfect cooling where you might need an extra blanket if not fond of chilly nights.
- You can easily install the air conditioner just by reading the installation manual as it doesn’t require you to be a mechanical engineer to do so.
- The machine is very portable and comes with castors, with which you can move it to any other part of your house. During winters, we kept it in the living room. When summers get in, it’s easy for me to place it anywhere around the bedroom.
- The sleek design of the coolant doesn’t require much space and looks classy.
- Koldfront PAC1401W is an energy efficient air conditioner, and what impressed me more is its 9.5 EER rating. That means this coolant is not a threat to nature or to my wallet.
- The coolant comes with as long as a 3-year limited warranty, which is very good enough to insure its longevity.
- The price is not so much and anyone can afford it in exchange for a comforting fresh and cool air.
- The dehumidifying feature controls humidity levels keeping the atmosphere inside a room, fresh.
- The air-conditioner works silently, and produces very low noise.
- The drainage of this coolant is powered by a self-evaporative technology, so until or unless you have some very serious humid conditions, draining will not be an issue.
Features I didn’t liked
Seriously there is no such thing in this coolant that you won’t like.
- The coolant has a power of 14000 BTU’s, which some people think is too much. In my case, it worked very well and comforting.
- Because of the single hose design, the coolant does create a small negative airflow.
The Koldfront PAC1401W air conditioner is prefect for houses, and cools room temperature in less than 10 minutes. The coolant is very energy efficient and in case of standard use, you can cut costs by setting the unit to run only when needed. It can only cost you 74 cents a day, which is quite amazing. Overall, it is a complete package for instant cooling.